Staff Council Scholarships
Due to changes in TAP policy, we are unable to award the textbook scholarship at this time. Please feel free to reach out with questions at email@example.com.
Shelley Merrick Staff Textbook Scholarship
The Shelley Merrick Staff Textbook Scholarship was established in honor of former staff member Shelley Merrick. The scholarship is funded by tax-deductible contributions to the Staff Council Foundation Shelley Merrick Staff Textbook Scholarship Fund and by special events/fundraisers sponsored by the Staff Council. Completed applications must be submitted via the MyHelp HR ticketing system by the TAP deadline each semester.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a full-time benefited staff member at Georgia Southern University and eligible for TAP
- Must be approved for TAP with any school in the USG System
- Enrollment verification will be performed on the selected applicants after the add/drop period to ensure they are enrolled.
- If selected, the recipient will be asked to submit receipts and a copy of the syllabus or listing of required textbooks as provided by the professor to verify textbook purchase or rental.
- Textbook scholarship dollars will be applied to the student’s account.
- The Staff Council will determine the total amount available and the total number of awards each semester.
- If there are more applicants than available awards then the following selection criteria will be followed in order:
- Students who have not received a staff textbook scholarship in the current or previous academic year
- First degree: Preference will be given to:
- students seeking their first undergraduate degree followed by
- students seeking their first graduate degree
- The Employee’s years of service at Georgia Southern with preference given to those with more years of service
- A random drawing will be held if there are still multiple applicants eligible
Questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 1/14/2022