Distinguished Retirees Award
The Georgia Southern University Retirees Association (GSRA) presents the Distinguished Retirees Awards annually to retirees who have demonstrated sustained, long-term and meaningful engagement with Georgia Southern University and/or Armstrong State University, and the Retirees Association. These retirees have an endearment to the University not just because it is where they were employed, but because their hearts are still there, too.
The GS Distinguished Retiree Awards are presented at the annual Retiree Luncheon Reception every spring.
Strong candidates across the range of service who are retired from any of the three campuses of the University (faculty, administrators and staff) will have achieved excellence in one or more of these areas, before or after retirement:
- Advancement of knowledge through research, teaching, publications, or technology as it relates to the interdisciplinary field of teaching and learning
- Commitment to dynamic, high-quality educational practice in the classroom as lecturer, instructor, or professor
- Diverse and indispensable contributions as administrator or professional staff, based on extraordinary accomplishments for their department, school, college and the University
Distinguished Retiree Award nominees must demonstrate:
- Extraordinary volunteerism in support of the University through donation of time, selfless service and philanthropy, post-retirement
- Membership in the Georgia Southern Retirees Association
- Most importantly: This award recognizes GS Retirees who continue
to SOAR in service to the University and community in retirement
Last updated: 2/25/2020